Gingerbread Holiday cookies
Try my recipe for making the cookies with your kids.
How to make
- Use your hands to form a breadcrumb like texture with the bicarbonate of soda, brown sugar, ginger, butter and flour.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg and golden syrup together.
- Mix everything together into a dough and knead until smooth. Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on floured surface, 3mm thick. Cut each shape with a cookie cutter. Use fish slice to remove cookie from bench to a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before carefully taking off tray with fish slice and placing on cooling rack.
- Once cooled decorate with icing or use sprinkles on your shapes. Store in an air tight container to keep them crisp.
What you will need:
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 90g softened butter
- 350g plain flour
- 1 egg and
- 4 tbsp of golden syrup
Use icing and / or sprinkles to decorate.