Garden diary - November
- It should be safe to plant frost-tender vegetables - chillies, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplants, kumera, peppers, dwarf and runner beans, marrows, melons, pumpkins and sweet corn.
- Sow beds of brussels sprouts, cabbages, cauliflowers, leeks and broccoli.
- Start harvesting asparagus, beetroot, broad beans, cabbages, cauliflowers, lettuces, radishes, spring onions, spinach and turnips.
- Countinue to mound up potatoes.
- Holes in your potato foliage could be signs of attack by the potato tuber moth. Water well to discourage them.
- To encourage tomato flowers to set, spray with a mixture of 1 part sugar to 9 parts water. Remove side shoots, and tie plants securely to stakes.